Today, CircuitWest announced the short list of nominees selected for the Pinnacle Performing Arts Awards for the Western Australian Presenter of the Year.
The Award celebrates the best in the live performance industry in Western Australia and recognises excellent work done in building creative, inclusive, thriving communities.
The three nominees chosen by the selection panel are:
- Ravensthorpe Regional Arts Centre (Rave About Arts) – the reasons for this nomination included innovativeness and commitment to the region, with an amazing and nuanced program that brings their community together.
- Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre – the reasons for this nomination included their meteoric growth in the amount of work programmed for the community and the quality of what they offer producers.
- Albany Entertainment Centre – the reasons for this nomination included the breadth of programming and depth of commitment to local and state artists and companies.
According to CircuitWest Executive Director Ryan Taaffe, Western Australia is clearly punching above its weight in presenting in Australia.
“The award is about excellence in all its forms has meant that the spectrum of presenters recognised has been very wide. It has really showcased how much high quality and diverse presenting is happening across the state.”
“CircuitWest has seen so much evolution in how and what presenting means in recent years and shown its growing importance to thriving communities.”
Nominations were based on anything nominators felt met the principal criteria of ‘excellence.’
The presentation of the awards will take place at WA Showcase on 11 November at the Subiaco Arts Centre.
About the finalists
- Ravensthorpe Regional Arts Centre – in a remote part of the state this group of mostly volunteers have programmed for 30 years across multiple venues and 3 towns with no purpose-built performing space delivering diverse work from theatre and dance to comedy and circus.
- Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre – a multi-purpose venue that might see basketball, senior’s fitness, childcare and theatre all in the same venue on the same day. Harvey has transformed its program, transformed its performing space and cemented a reputation as a presenter committed to growing diverse performing arts.
- Albany Entertainment Centre – the Great Southern’s premier multi-purpose venue, home to the Princess Royal Theatre, it delivers a huge annual program that focuses on home grown talent as much as high quality touring performing arts in all genres.
Media Contact : Sam Lynch, 0419 971 713, firstname.lastname@example.org