ABOUT THE ROLE
CircuitWest seeks a self-motivated individual who can manage the breadth of program and administration tasks associated with a very busy, small not-for profit arts organisation, delivering two annual conferences and numerous services and projects.
CircuitWest brings together a sector that builds and reflects community and cultural life. First and foremost, CircuitWest stands for inclusive, thriving communities, enlivened with rich cultural expression and engagement. CircuitWest makes a difference through its leadership – articulating the value of the performing arts and its role in increasing wellbeing at individual, local, regional and State levels. CircuitWest is also a ‘critical friend’ to the professionals in the sector – enabling them to continuously strive and grow in their understanding and application of best practice. Last but not least, CircuitWest has a pathfinder role – identifying and addressing systemic issues to ensure the sector is moving forward as a whole. CircuitWest is the service organisation for the performing arts in Western Australia and amongst many roles convenes WA Showcase, TechWest and provides Tour Coordination services for Western Australian artists and companies within WA. CircuitWest represents Presenters, Producers and Artists and has strong ties with Local and State Government.
Position Title Program Administrator
Basis of Employment 8-month contract – full time [37.5 hours/week]
Commencing November 2020 and inclusive of Annual Leave (pro rata)
Location 180 Hamersley Road Subiaco WA 6008 [some travel required]
Reports to Executive Director
Salary $65k – $67k per annum [plus superannuation] (pro rata)
Conditions 2-month probationary period
As a small organisation, this includes administrative tasks that relate to legal, communications, human resources in the ongoing development of CircuitWest. This position will also be responsible for implementing new processes and systems that deliver highly effective business operations. Working in a small team, the Administrator will provide input into management and strategic issues that have operational impact.
- Programs – 35%
- TechWest and WA Showcase – 30%
- Administration and Membership Management – 35%
Programs – 35%
- Manage logistics, contract management, reporting components, and prepare information packs.
- Manage project and event budgets, ensuring that all necessary production equipment, materials and staff along with any other expenses are within allocated budget and actual expenditure does not exceed the allocated budget.
- Oversee project and event planning and develop detailed planning schedules to ensure timely progress. Collate, create and share resources and knowledge on the CircuitWest website for use by the sector.
- Establish strategic alliances and partnerships and maximise the participation and support of all identified stakeholders.
- Provide information as required for annual reports, board reports, financial reports, grant applications and acquittals.
- Provide support for tour coordination services.
Administration & Membership Management – 35%
- Develop, deliver and maintain processes related to office management
- General office management and management of information, resources and technology
- Prepare and coordinate teleconference Board meetings [every 2 months]; Record and prepare meeting minutes
- Book travel and accommodation as required
- Manage applications for membership and the induction of new members
- Manage member communications (including email discussion groups) in liaison with the Marketing Project Manager
- Other administrative duties as directed
TechWest and WA Showcase – 30%
- Monitor and manage delegate registrations through the registration website.
- Input information into registration system
- Liaise with speakers and artists to secure biographies, headshots and copies of speeches
- Liaise with producers and artists presenting at the events to distribute information and collate materials to promote their work under direction of the Executive Director and Marketing Project Manager.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation logistics for guest speakers and panellists & maintain a schedule of travel arrangements
- Assist with the coordination of catering and other functions related to the event.
- Assist with the collation of artwork and coordinate the delivery of final print items.
- Attend to individual inquiries/amendments where registration is incomplete.
- Maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders relevant to the role.
- Other administrative duties as directed
This position description will be reviewed on a regular basis and may be amended to reflect changes in the requirements of the organisation and the specific skills of the incumbent. Staff will be consulted in the process of review.
- Applicants must have 3-5 years experience in and an understanding of the performing arts industry.
- Experience in effectively working with people, negotiating and collaborating on projects
- Ability to work autonomously, use initiative, solve problems and be highly self-motivated.
- Evidence a highly customer focussed approach to communication.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and competing deadlines – can work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people and a commitment to
- Experience in delivering programs to the performing arts sector
- An understanding of social media, WordPress
Further information: Ryan Taaffe, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should contain a current CV including at least two referees and a statement briefly addressing the Selection Criteria. Applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be emailed by 26th October 2020 to:
Ryan Taaffe – email@example.com with ‘Program Administrator and your name in the subject line.