WA Showcase 2016 delivered by CircuitWest, and supported by the Western Australian Government through the Department of Culture and the Arts, was held at University Theatres on the 11th, 12th and 13th of May 2016.
This is the 3rd time that WA Showcase as has been held and it remains the premiere event for both touring selections and professional development around community engagement and audience development.
WA Showcase brings together producers, presenters, artists, funders and associated arts professionals to work together to create a vibrant and engaged sector with audiences at its core and a
space for knowledge exchange between the core members of the sector.
This year Lisa Baxter, of the Experience Business was invited as our keynote guests to provide workshops on core purpose, audience experience and vibrancy vs excellence.
• 33 Expressions of Interest where received to pitch at Showcase.
• 18 of these expressions of interest where able to present at the event.
• Included 5 excerpts of work Western Australian Presenters Association
• 88 delegates took part in the event over 2.5 days.
• 43% percent of the delegates were presenters.
• 40% percent of the delegates were producers or artists.
• 17% of delegates were from organisations that service the performing arts sector.
• 100% of respondents said the event was good to excellent
• 100% of respondents will attend again.
• 100% of respondents will recommend the event to a colleague.
• 100% of respondents rated the event as helpful to extremely helpful.
• 95% of respondents found Lisa Baxter engaging
• Based on presenter response to date 10 tours will take place, following from Showcase WA pitches.