The Crushers Comedy Gala
A premium comedy gala featuring comedians who are guaranteed crushers!
Form and Style
The Crushers Comedy Gala is a 90 minute, premium comedy showcase featuring comedians that are guaranteed CRUSHERS! The term “Crusher” in comedy circles refers to a comedian that delivers the laughs and leaves audiences wanting more. Each show is hosted by an MC and features four local “crushers” who will each perform a 15 minute showcase spot.
- Meet and greets after the show with comedians
- Ticket giveaways to assist community groups
- Discounts for seniors and the less abled
- Comedians can engage in interviews with local press, podcasts, or bloggers
- The production team can offer work experience opportunities for any students of legal age that is interested in event production
- A number of free tickets provided for a selected number of youth aged 18-21 who are interested in becoming comedians. Seeing a live show can be very inspiring and show a pathway for their future development as comedians
- Positive tourism coverage of the area we are touring on social media with pics and video.
★★★★ “Big atmosphere and lots of laughter, which is what this show at The Rechabite delivers in huge quantities” The Fourth Wall
★★★★☆ (4.5 stars out of 5) “If you’re ready to be punched in the face with a solid hour of comedy power, this fast-paced, high energy show is for you” Fringefeed
★★★★☆ “It’s next-level happy hour!” Mystery Case
The Crushers Comedy Gala is the brainchild of two of Australia’s biggest comedy producers, Ronan Freeburn & Paul Dragan. Their credits include Rottofest, Australia’s Funniest Shorts, Comedy Shack and heaps more!
Ronan Freeburn’s producing credits include: Rottofest (Festival Director); Freo Royale (Festival Director); Side Splitter Comedy Festival (Festival Director); Australia’s Funniest Shorts (Festival Director)
The comedians performing in The Crushers Comedy Gala will draw from the best locally based (or visiting) talent. Given the show is a gala format, it gives us flexibility on who we book for a tour.
AvailabilityAvailable now - Friday and Saturday nights only
AudienceAll ages 18 and over. Target audience is males and females aged 25-50 who are fans of comedy or film festivals.
Bump In2 hours
Bump Out1 hour
Costs- Cost per performance: $4,368
- No remount
- No royalties
*Above fees do not include touring costs
Company ContactsRonan Freeburn
0416 922 469
Venue FormatTheatre style
Minimum stage depth: 2m
Minimum stage height: 0.5m
Lighting provided by the company: N/A
Lighting to be provided by the venue: Lighting to illuminate comedians on stage and some colour wash lighting to create atmosphere.
Audio provided by the company: N/A
Audio to be provided by the venue:2 wireless mics and house sound system, and a DI in case we have a comedian who plays guitar.
No. of additional staff to be provided by the venue: 1 staff member to assist with sound and lighting (4 hours). Plus box office team, ushers etc.
Dressing Rooms Required: 1
Other technical or performance notes: We use a standard ‘stand up comedy’ setup and will dress the stage ourselves.
- High-quality video from previous shows
- High-quality photography from previous shows
- Media release
- Fantastic reviews
- Comedians on the bill making special behind the scenes videos to promote the show
- Social media graphics