The Best of Australia’s Funniest Shorts
The Best of Australia’s Funniest Shorts is a laugh out loud program featuring comedy short films and sketches that were best judged at the festival or audience favourites.
In its decade long history, Australia’s Funniest Shorts has toured at the Melbourne Comedy Festival, Sydney Comedy Festival, Perth Comedy Festival, Edinburgh Fringe Festival, and heaps more.
Form and Style
The format begins with a hilarious comedian performing for 10-15 minutes, followed by a 1.5-hour screening of the best comedy shorts films and sketches from around Australia.
We program a mixture of comedy sketches and comedy short films to ensure a punchy and engaging screening.
We typically allow for an intermission at the halfway point to allow patrons to use the bathroom or grab food and beverages.
Shortlist of Featured Films:
- Lemonade Stand – 7mins – Directed by Alethea Jones
- The Parents – Pudgie – 1min – Directed by Chris Radburn
- Shit yourself – 5.5 mins – Mad Kids
- Single Parents – 2.15mins – Directed by Fabian Lapham
- The Makeover – 7.06mins – Donald Percy
- Thirsty Dudes of Instagram 1.23mins – Directed by Luke Goodall
- Henry & Aaron’s Perfectly Adequate Christmas – 6.36mins – Directed by Antony Webb
- The Polygamist – 7mins – Directed by Craig Melville
- The Parents – Romance – 1.26mins – Directed by Chris Radburn
- Being Bigoted in the Workplace – 2.20mins – Directed by Max Miller
- Status Update – 5.52mins – The Sexy Detectives
- Paranormal Penis Activity – 43 secs – Heinous Mist
- Margaret’s Got Talent! – 3mins – Mad Kids
- Bryce and Liam go to space – 5mins – Directed by Bryce Podovan
- The Battle of who cares less – 2mins – Directed by Jeremy Brull
- The Auction – 7mins – Directed by Stephen King
- Dinner Party – 35 secs – The Sexy Detectives
- I Am Fairy – 2.40mins – Directed by James Vinson
- The Mistake – 4mins – Directed by Bryan Moses
- Half Beard – 7mins – Directed by Luke Ryan
- Show us your tits – 3mins – Yeah Nah
- How to Stop Cats Forever – 7mins – Directed by Kristen Turner
“Australia’s Funniest Shorts is the nation’s premier comedy shorts festival. As comedy is the most popular short film and new-media genre, it provides a vital element in Australia’s film culture” Tim Ferguson.
“Well the name is no lie. Some of the funniest comedy skits I’ve seen all year…” Rotunda Media
“Big payoffs, quality laughs…” Funny Tonne
Proudly presented by Caustic Content.
AudienceAll ages 18 and over. Target audience is males and females aged 25-50 who are fans of comedy or film festivals.
Duration1 hour 45 minutes
Bump In2 hours
Bump Out1 hour
Costs- Cost per performance: $2,034
- No remount
- 2% royalties
*Above fees do not include touring costs
Company ContactsRonan Freeburn
0416 922 469
Tell me more
Venue FormatTheatre style seating - can work both indoors and outdoors (weather permitting)
Minimum stage depth: N/A
Minimum stage height: N/A
Lighting provided by the company: N/A
Lighting to be provided by the venue: House lighting for when attendees arrive, dark/blacks required when films are playing.
Audio provided by the company: N/A
Audio to be provided by the venue: Microphone for emcee/comedian, decent quality speakers to play audio from films.
No. of additional staff to be provided by the venue: 1 staff member to help set up the projector and screen. Our tech person can operate.
Dressing Rooms Required: N/A
Other technical or performance notes: This show requires a screen and digital projector capable of playing files from a laptop or thumb drive.
- Social media skins for Facebook and Instagram
- 1-minute trailer
- Media release
- Film stills