The Magicians featuring Adam & Selina
This mind-blowing show is an intimate performance showcasing the jaw-dropping talents of world-renowned brother-sister duo, Adam & Selina - The Magicians.
‘The Magicians’ have dazzled audiences of all ages across the globe with a powerful mix of the most astonishing magic and mind-boggling illusions ever seen on stage. Audiences will witness the impossible unfold right before their eyes in this non-stop show that will have everyone on the edge of their seats, laughing and applauding from start to finish!
MEET THE MAGICIANS:
Adam & Selina are considered by many to be at the forefront of Australian magic. International and multi-award winning, the brother-sister magic duo have been astonishing audiences for over 20 years all over the world. They became Grand Finalists on Australia’s Got Talent, have headlined international tours – with frequent performances at high profile events and exclusive private parties. They have also been featured on prime-time television shows – and even performed for Middle Eastern Royalty. ‘The Magicians’ are a demonstration of Adam & Selina’s most powerful magic presented in a contemporary way.
Form and Style
A family-friendly show, suitable for all ages. The show is an interactive experience from start to finish. Audiences will witness the impossible unfold right before their eyes! The show has something for everyone, with a great mix of large scale illusions, mentalism, audience interaction, comedy and close-up sleight of hand magic that will have audiences gasping in disbelief, laughing and applauding all the way through.
Community and Audience Engagement
• Social Media: Engage with local community events, clubs, groups and other local organisations via Social Media, including engaging with Local Bloggers, Podcasts, and other local influencers.
• Competitions & Prizes: Ticket Giveaways, Win A Chance to the star of the show and more.
• Media & Publicity: Community Newspaper Newspaper/Magazine Interviews, Local TV Appearances, Radio Interviews: Perform Magic Live On Air etc
• Meet & Greets & Media Tours (When applicable)
• Charity Event Appearances for local sponsors if applicable.
• Magic School – Workshops & Masterclasses – Teaching children and adults the art of magic by learning simple yet amazing magic tricks that anyone can do!
The Magicians have Professional Poster/Flyer Artwork, Promotional Videos, Photographs, Sample Media Releases, Viral Social Media Videos etc. The Magicians are continuously producing content to keep up with the high volume and consumption of content on Social Media.
“Ushering in a new generation of magical mystery” – Sunday Times
“…Electrifying Show!” – Qatar Happening Magazine
“These two truly are masters of illusion!” – Calgary Sun
• Performed over 4000 shows in 18 countries on 4 continents.
• Recipients of the prestigious ‘Magicians Of The Year’ award from the Magicians Society in 2006, 2007 and 2010.
• Australian Close-up Champions in 2007
• Australian Magic Slam Champion Judges Award & Audience Award in 2008
• Featured headliners for Channel 7’s ‘Magic Of Telethon’ in 2018, which helped reach Telethons $300 million donation milestone!
• Headline act for Playboy Mansion’s Annual Exclusive Halloween Party in Beverly Hills.
• Opening act for Jason Derulo at ‘Maxim Top 100 Halloween Party’ in Los Angeles.
• First magicians to ever perform a public Magic/Illusion show in Qatar. Their self-titled show ‘Adam & Selina – Mystifiers’ sold over 10,000 tickets in the first week!
• As performed for Middle Eastern Royalty.
• Headliners at the 100th Anniversary of Canada’s ‘Calgary Stampede’ – The event billed as “The Greatest Outdoor Show On Earth”
• Grand Finalists on Channel 7’s top rated show – Australia’s Got Talent in 2010
• Founders of Magic School in Australia. https://www.magicschool.com.au
Adam Murby – Producer/Artist/Production Manager
Selina Murby – Producer/Artist/Media & PR Manager
AvailabilityAvailable from 1 August 2020
ArtformsChildren / Family, Magic
AudienceAppealing to audiences looking for clean, fun and modern entertainment that the entire family can enjoy. Suitable for ages from 5 and above. Magic is a unique art form that it appeals to both children, teens, adults and seniors from 5 - 105.
Duration~90 minutes, without intermission
Bump In4 - 6 hours
Bump Out1-2 hours
CostsWeekly Fee: $26,400 (max 8 shows across 7 days)
Cost per performance: $4,400 (1 show, 1 day) / $7,700 (2 shows, 1 day)
*Above fees do not include travels costs
Company ContactsAdam Murby
0405 159 845
Venue FormatThe Magicians Show can be adapted to suit any performance environment. Indoor Theatres, Event spaces, Proscenium Arch, Black Box, Studios, Thrust, Gymnasiums, Arenas and Outdoor Amphitheatres.
Show Warnings: N/A
Does this show require a remount: N/A
First possible performance: 1 hour after bump-in is complete
Minimum break between shows: 45 minutes
Minimum stage width: 4.8 metres
Minimum stage depth: 3.6 metres
Minimum stage height: ~0.5 metres
Staging & Set Description: Minimalistic Stage Set. Pipe & Drape Curtains & Road-cases and Magic Props
Lighting provided by company: Video Camera Light. The Magicians have access to their own special lighting equipment when needed.
Lighting to be provided by the venue: Basic Profile Spots, Colour Stage Washes and Intelligent Moving Lights (when available).
Audio provided by company: 2 x Shure Wireless Handheld Microphones, 2 x Wireless Headset Microphones w/ Low Profile Headset Mic, Laptop running QLabs + Remote Control Cueing System.
Audio to be provided by the venue: Standard PA System, i.e 2 x Speakers, Subs with Mixer etc.
No. of additional staff to be provided by the venue: 1 x Merchandise Seller for 30mins after each show. 1 x Stage Manager (Coordinate with FOH etc) when required.
Dressing rooms required: 1
Other technical and performance notes: 1 x Projector & Screen (Size Appropriate for Venue & Audience Size). The Magicians provide their own Video Camera. See attached Technical Rider for more details.