Watch and Act
How do we cope with an impending catastrophe?
The warnings of a climate crisis are all there. Katie McAllister used to read them on the radio when she was an emergency broadcaster. She’s sorry to interrupt your program with that information! (Her OCD makes her sorry for everything.) But she’s most sorry her favourite karri forest might not exist one day.
Reflecting on the events of Black Summer and the Wooroloo bushfires, Watch and Act is a hilarious anti-comedy about missed warning signs for OCD and nostalgia for a time and place that’s already disappearing.
Watch and Act was originally supported by The Blue Room Theatre.
CircuitWest and the Producer will provide:
- All the performances and engagement activities
- All the technical equipment needed to present the show
- Marketing materials for your venue
- Travel and accommodation for the tour party
- An experienced Tour Manager to support this tour
You will need to:
- Pay a subsidised presenter fee plus any royalties or licence costs
- Provide an appropriate venue for this unique, interactive experience
- Ensure adequate power is available
- Meet and greet the tour party when it arrives
- Arrange local marketing and ticket sales (with support from CircuitWest)
★★★★☆ “Beautifully delivered, with passion and heart” – ArtsHub
“An uplifting and hopeful hour of excellent theatre” – Stage Whispers
“Nothing we’ve seen has been better than the luminous, illuminating Watch and Act” – Seesaw Magazine
AvailabilityAvailable all year except for March and mid-May to mid-June
Audience25+ years old, people from regional towns
Royalties for this production are 9.5%
Tour Party: 2
Surface: flat / solid / stage
Structure: enclosed / indoors