About the Venue
Based in Kalgoorlie Boulder, Stage Left works collaboratively with the community to keep the performing arts alive. Producing four stage productions each year, running theatre based workshops and engaging in an active social calendar, Stage Left is a driving force for the dramatic arts in the Goldfields.
At our troupe barracks in Boulder, we are constantly rehearsing, performing, building, designing and developing our dramatic flair. As a result we can offer:
- Four full stage productions each year – musicals, comedies, dramas, pantomimes, short and one act plays)
- Rare opportunities to write and have performed our own works.
- Active Youth Theatre Program (Stage Left Acting Youth S.L.A.Y.)
- Workshops on all aspects of theatre
- An active social calendar
- Acting, singing and dancing on stage in a amature theatre setting
- Work in tech (sound, lighting, special fx)
- Costume making and design, set and prop design and construction
- Opportunities to work backstage (stage management, stage hand)
Orchestrated by our Stage Left Committee (affectionately dubbed “The Gaggle”) Stage left is a proud and passionate force of volunteers and volunteer actors who work together to make the Goldfields a home for true Amateur Theatre.
Our dedicated and passionate Theatre troupe views itself as a “social group with a theatre problem”. We are always on the lookout for individuals with a flare for the dramatic. So if you are interested in getting involved in something a little different, don’t hesitate to reach out.