POSITION: TOUR COORDINATOR (Maternity Leave Cover)
CircuitWest brings together a sector that builds and reflects community and cultural life. First and foremost, CircuitWest stands for inclusive, thriving communities, enlivened with rich cultural expression and engagement. CircuitWest makes a difference through its leadership – articulating the value of the performing arts and its role in increasing wellbeing at individual, local, regional and State levels. CircuitWest is also a ‘critical friend’ to the professionals in the sector – enabling them to continuously strive and grow in their understanding and application of best practice. Last but not least, CircuitWest has a pathfinder role – identifying and addressing systemic issues to ensure the sector is moving forward as a whole. CircuitWest is the service organisation for the performing arts in Western Australia and amongst many roles convenes WA Showcase, TechWest and provides Tour Coordination services for Western Australian artists and companies within WA. CircuitWest represents Presenters, Producers and Artists and has strong ties with Local and State Government.
- Position Title: Tour Coordinator
- Basis of Employment: -month contract – full time [37.5 hours/week] (maternity leave cover) Commencing 2 November 2020 and inclusive of Annual Leave (pro rata)
- Location: 180 Hamersley Road, Subiaco [some travel required]
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Salary $67-70k per annum [plus superannuation] (pro rata)
- Conditions 2-month probationary period
ABOUT THE ROLE
CircuitWest seeks a self-motivated individual who can provide a tour coordination service for Western Australian artists and organisations. To this end, the role will also undertake the following functions to provide:
- Advice and support for producers and presenters to access tour funding through the Regional and Remote Touring Fund and other funding opportunities
- Fee for service tour management
- Touring advice and support for producers and presenters •
The role will also undertake the work associated with a very busy, small not-for profit arts organisation, delivering two annual conferences and numerous services and projects.
This position has an integral role in supporting the Performing Arts Sector through the provision of tour coordination and producing services for the independent performing arts sector and in Western Australia.
The principal duties will be to work with organisations and independents to deliver tours in Western Australia including logistics, planning and funding.
The position will also work on specific programs that are also delivered by CircuitWest. CircuitWest services the state and so experience with regional areas is desired but not essential. The successful applicant will be highly motivated with an ability to problem solve and innovate, have the ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines, have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, and will work well as part of a team. The role requires experience both in producing, tour coordination, and relationship building. The applicant will need to align with CircuitWest’s values – Creativity, Courage, Generosity, Authenticity and Diversity.
Dependent on funding, the position may provide producing services with the intention of offering professional development and capacity building to the ‘mentee’ artist or producer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work with presenters and artists to scope the interest of performance work and feasibility of tours;
- In consultation with presenters and artists, develop detailed itineraries, budgets, technical requirements
- Provide advice to artists and presenters about all aspects of touring, production management and logistics;
- Source and apply for funding; for potential tours identified through WA Showcase.
- Oversee project and event planning and develop detailed planning schedules to ensure timely progress;
- Manage tour logistics, contract management, reporting components, and prepare tour packs;
- Prepare and manage project and event budgets, ensuring that all necessary production equipment, materials and wages along with any other expenses are within allocated budget and actual expenditure does not exceed the allocated budget;
- Collate, create and share resources and touring knowledge on the CircuitWest website for use by presenters and artists;
- Establish strategic alliances and partnerships with tour logistics/ production/ travel suppliers and maximise the participation and support of all identified stakeholders;
- Provide information as required for annual reports, board reports, financial reports, grant applications and acquittals;
- 3+ years previous experience working with in the performing arts sector;
- Considerable experience producing performing arts productions, presentations and tours
- Impeccable organisational and time management skills, displaying confidence and efficiency when working to tight and/or competing deadlines;
- Proven ability to manage budgets and to apply cost-saving mechanisms where required
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant and funding applications;
- Proven strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to develop and manage strong relationships;
- Computer efficiency – MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and social media.
- An understanding of WordPress and e-marketing; 2. A full driver’s license;
FURTHER INFORMATION AND HOW TO APPLY
Ryan Taaffe, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0425 445 986
Applications should contain a current CV including at least two referees and a statement briefly addressing the Selection Criteria and why you are the right fit for this organisation. Applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be emailed by 12th October 2020 to:
Ryan Taaffe – email@example.com with “Tour Coordinator” and your name in the subject line. All applications are confidential.