CircuitWest is a respected service provider connecting the performing arts industry across the state through managing touring, pitching, training, marketing, mentoring, leadership and growing the size of the industry. It supports artists, producers, and presenters in communities of all sizes from Broome through to Kalgoorlie through to Esperance and everything in between to create a state connected, enriched and alive.
Position Title Marketing Administrator
Basis of Employment 22nd November 2021 – 30th November 2022 [22.5 hours/week] and inclusive of Annual Leave (pro rata)
Reports to Executive Director
Salary $55 – 60k per annum [plus superannuation] (pro rata) 0.6FTE
Conditions 3-month probationary period
ABOUT THE ROLE
CircuitWest seeks a self-motivated individual who can manage the breadth of a tasks associated with a very busy, small not-for profit arts organisation, delivering two annual conferences and numerous services and projects. As with most CircuitWest programs the role is about skill transfer and capacity building but the role will be required to undertake marketing work in most cases.
This position will work mainly on our Shows on the Go program but have involvement in many of the other programs that are developed and driven by CircuitWest.
Shows on the Go is a touring model giving Western Australians – mainly in the regions – the chance to choose what shows they would like to see. As part of the program, communities are offered the opportunity to select shows from a range of genres including theatre, dance, music, children’s entertainment, circus, puppetry, and comedy. The program is for smaller, regional professional and non-professional venues, where the performing arts touring shows are selected from a range of options by the community and provided at low cost. The program has also now been expanded to include outer metropolitan. The Shows on the Go program provides a unique chance to address the challenges and issues of touring shows, introducing a growth pathway for community venues to present established works to their communities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Create marketing programs with producers for Shows On The Go tours including media, social media, and advertising
- Build skills and capacity for participants in the Shows on the Go program and other CircuitWest programs to deliver marketing.
- Where needed, develop, and deliver marketing material and programs.
- Support participants by developing processes and plans for future marketing – including documentation of procedures.
- Create basic designs for marketing programs where none exist
- Assist the Marketing Project Manager.
- Assist with logistics, and reporting components.
- Collate, create, and share resources and knowledge on the CircuitWest website for use by the sector.
- Provide information as required for annual reports, board reports, financial reports, grant applications and acquittals.
Administration & Membership Management
- Develop, deliver and maintain processes related to office management
- General office management and management of information, resources and technology
- Prepare meeting minutes
- Manage applications for membership and associated databases.
- Other administrative duties as directed
TechWest and WA Showcase
- Assist with the management of registrations.
- Liaise with speakers and artists to secure biographies, headshots and copies of speeches
- Coordinate travel and accommodation logistics for guest speakers, panellists and supported delegates & maintain a schedule of travel arrangements
- Assist with the coordination of the event.
- Other administrative duties as directed
- 2-3 years experience in marketing, especially social media and/or University degree in marketing or a similar discipline.
- Ability to think outside the square and solve marketing problems.
- Strong administration skills able to manage processes and work flows
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to manage organisational dates and deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products.
- Basic Graphic Design skills using Canva or InDesign
- An understanding of the performing arts industry.
Further information: Ryan Taaffe, Executive Director: email@example.com
Applications should contain a current CV including at least two referees that shows you have the skills to undertake the responsibilities for the role. Please provide a one page statement on why you are the right fit for this organisation and for this role.
Applications should be emailed by 5pm on the 29th October 2021
Ryan Taaffe – firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Marketing Administrator’ and your name in the subject line.