POSITION: Production Manager
CircuitWest brings together a sector that builds and reflects community and cultural life. First and foremost, CircuitWest stands for inclusive, thriving communities, enlivened with rich cultural expression and engagement. CircuitWest makes a difference through its leadership – articulating the value of the performing arts and its role in increasing wellbeing at individual, local, regional and State levels. CircuitWest is also a ‘critical friend’ to the professionals in the sector – enabling them to continuously strive and grow in their understanding and application of best practice. Last but not least, CircuitWest has a pathfinder role – identifying and addressing systemic issues to ensure the sector is moving forward as a whole. CircuitWest is the service organisation for the performing arts in Western Australia and amongst many roles convenes WA Showcase, TechWest and provides Tour Coordination services for Western Australian artists and companies within WA. CircuitWest represents Presenters, Producers and Artists and has strong ties with Local and State Government.
Position Title Production Manager
Basis of Employment August 2021 – 30th June 2022 [37.5 hours/week] strong possibility of 12 month extension.
Location Metropolitan [some travel required]
Reports to Executive Director
Salary $68 – 75k per annum [plus superannuation]
Conditions 3-month probationary period
ABOUT THE ROLE
CircuitWest seeks a self-motivated individual who can provide to oversee the production and technical delivery of the organisations program. This position will provide well informed advice, guidance planning and management of all matters relating to the production and technical delivery of the organisations program and operations. The role will require skills in lighting, sound, Av and production management in the performing arts.
The role will also undertake the work associated with a very busy, small not-for profit arts organisation, delivering two annual conferences and numerous services and projects.
The successful applicant will be a strong communicator and have strong interpersonal skills, will be a motivated and energetic team player as well as highly organised and provide attention to details. They will also be able to innovate and problem solve.
The position will also work on specific programs that are delivered by CircuitWest. CircuitWest services the state and so experience with regional areas will be looked on favourably. The applicant will need to align with CircuitWest’s values – Creativity, Courage, Generosity, Authenticity and Diversity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
As part of your overall duties, you will work with the CircuitWest team to:
- Contribute production expertise to assess the viability of all potential new touring projects and contribute to new programming planning.
- Manage all production purchases, hires, storage and maintain CircuitWest’s assets and asset register.
- Develop and maintain highly productive and successful relationships with the Western Australian performing arts sector.
- Coordinate the TechWest conference in with the TechWest Representative and the CircuitWest team and be responsible for coordinating any follow up throughout the year.
- At times provide technical assistance for regional venues.
- Provide training for Community Theatre organisations in Technical Skills under our community theatre project.
- Create, develop and find resources that benefit the performing arts sector in Western Australia.
- Coordinate and supervise all production and technical aspects of WA Showcase and TechWest Conference.
- Work closely with artist, producing companies and venues to determine what technical modifications need to be made to enhance the tourability of a production.
- Liaise with artists, companies and presenters regarding the production and technical needs in relation to tours.
- With the Tour Coordinators, and where required, liaise with suppliers to ensure production and technical requirements of events and tours are delivered efficiently and effectively.
- Engage production and technical staff for Shows on the Go tours and provide clear leadership for production and technical teams.
- Where required devise and/or keep current technical specifications for each tour and venue on a tour. Where required distribute the information to presenters.
- Provide input and advice into touring budgets.
- With the Tour Coordinators arrange debrief with touring teams on the conclusion of each tour.
- Where required act as. Tour Manager/Production Manager/Technician on Shows on the Go tours.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative with minimal supervision.
- A thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in the operation of stage settings, rigging, scenery, lighting and audio systems.
- Working knowledge of the Live Performance Award and Performers Collective Agreement.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules and produce accurate results on a fast-paced environment.
- High professional standards with attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and collaborative skills.
- Full drivers licence.
EDUCATION AND PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- 5 years plus experience working as a Production Manager or similar role.
- Experience managing people.
- Computer efficiency – MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- White Card, Forklift Licence, Riggers Ticket, Working with Heights ticket etc.
- Touring Experience.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND HOW TO APPLY
Ryan Taaffe, Executive Director: email@example.com or 0425 445 986
Applications should contain a current CV including at least two referees and a statement briefly addressing the skills and responsibilities for the role and why you are the right fit for this organisation.
Applications should be emailed by 5pm on the 25th June 2021 to:
Ryan Taaffe – firstname.lastname@example.org with “Production Manager” and your name in the subject line.
All applications are confidential.