Fulltime (75 hours per fortnight)
85 – 87 Lindsay Street Perth WA 6000 (some travel will be required)
Chair of the CircuitWest Management Committee
Project Manager 1.0 FTE
Tour Coordinator 1.0 FTE
Tour Coordinator 0.6 FTE
Production Manager 1.0 FTE
Marketing Administrator 0.6 FTE
Accounts 0.2 FTE
$95,000 – $110,000 plus superannuation.
A STATE CONNECTED, ENRICHED AND ALIVE.
To grow and lead our industry to generate arts experiences that connect, enrich, and enliven people and communities.
Creativity, Courage, Generosity, Authenticity, Diversity.
CircuitWest is the service organisation for the performing arts sector in Western Australia. CircuitWest stands for inclusive, thriving communities, enlivened with rich cultural expression and engagement. We make a difference through our leadership – articulating the value of the performing arts and its role in increasing wellbeing and social cohesion at individual, local, regional and State Government levels. CircuitWest is also a ‘critical friend’ to the professionals in the sector – enabling them to continuously grow in their understanding and application of best practice. Finally, we have a pathfinder role – identifying and addressing systemic issues to ensure the sector is moving forward as a whole. As part of this remit, we deliver WA Showcase and the TechWest conference annually, as well as playing a rapidly growing role as a tour co-ordinator of West Australian made performance.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Executive Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership and operational management of all activities of CircuitWest. You will lead and manage a small and growing team alongside consultants, service providers and industry players; designing, resourcing, and delivering high impact programs that address identified sector need in line with our vision and purpose. You will be the “go to” person for strategic advice for almost every presenter and producer in the state and continue to expand and diversify CircuitWest’s membership.
A respected industry leader, your outstanding strategic vision and stakeholder relationship skills will see you continue CircuitWest’s role as a trusted advisor to senior government officials and the Office of the Minister. You will play a serious lobbying role in the development and process of funding programs for West Australian performing arts; and internally be responsible for identifying key funding needs and steadily increasing funding for the organisation.
- Ensure that CircuitWest develops, designs, and delivers programs, research and activity that articulates the value of the performing arts.
- Undertake advocacy, lobbying and seek funding that attracts resources for the sector and the organisation.
- Actively contribute to sector development locally, and at state and national level through contributions at a policy level, at conferences, gatherings and meetings, and ensure that the highly valued programs and activities at CircuitWest continue and grow.
- Broker common understanding around State Government strategies and priorities for the sector.
- Ensure that CircuitWest and the position provides mentoring, advice and planning assistance for the individuals and organisations who make up the membership and sector.
- Provide opportunities to facilitate exchange between the individuals and organisations that make up the sector for the benefit of the sector.
- Ensure that CircuitWest provides tools and resources to individuals and organisations that make up the sector.
- Design and deliver WA Showcase and the TechWest Conference
- Deliver the CircuitWest Touring Strategy.
- Facilitate network development for the individuals and organisations in the sector.
- Pursue and develop partnerships for the benefit of the sector and the membership.
- Develop and oversee budgets at the organisational and program level.
- Undertake funding applications, partnership agreements and build revenue channels along with the related reporting and acquittals.
- Provide executive support and advice to the CircuitWest Board.
- Initiate and identify branding and marketing opportunities for the organisation.
- Management of the CircuitWest team.
- Develop and contribute to the development of policy for the performing arts sector.
- Develop and maintain essential, close relationships and partnerships with stakeholders, funders, members, partners, and the sector.
- Grow and maintain the membership of the organisation.
- Maintain and grow the financial position of the organisation.
- Develop and deliver on the CircuitWest Strategic Plan
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated ability to inspire confidence, create trust, build strong working relationships and roll with the punches
- Knowledge and awareness of the performing arts sector; the values and current issues that affect the sector
- Experience in a senior management position with experience working and interacting with government, statutory bodies, and industry at a sector level.
- A strategic and critical thinker with demonstrated ability to identify new business opportunities and develop activities that reflect the values, vision and purpose of CircuitWest.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and manage projects to a successful conclusion.
- Demonstrated understanding of the current challenges and opportunities in outer metro and regional WA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to manage human resources, personnel management and WH&S requirements.
WA Police Clearance
Working with Children Check
WA Drivers License (unrestricted)
Questions about the role can be directed to the Chair of CircuitWest, Fiona de Garis by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0417 986 095.
Applicants should provide a comprehensive CV including 3 referees and a cover letter of no more than 3 pages that addresses your suitability for the role and the organisation using the role description, key responsibilities, and selection criteria as a guide.
Applications will close at 10am on the 10th of January 2022. Applications will be treated as confidential and should be emailed to Fiona de Garis, email@example.com with your name and Executive Director – CircuitWest in the subject line.
Referees will not be contacted without prior notice and CircuitWest reserves the right to employ a candidate before the closing of the application period.